The noble profession
Whenever it comes to the list of noble professions, doctors come at the creamy layer. So be it even for a minor headache; one does not hesitate to consult a doctor and get the remedies. Now imagine what would be the situation in the middle of the pandemic! Yet, these frontline warriors work day and night to ensure that the best treatment is given to the COVID-19 patients and come out of danger.
With more and more joining the force amidst online Medical Lectures, read on to find how it feels to be one during such times.
The good work
When it comes to joining the profession in the middle of a pandemic, there are many learnings associated, as follows:
- Handling extreme situations carefully and getting the chance to earn the position of God by saving lives.
- Advancing the knowledge on the virus and contributing towards the fight against it.
- Fast-tracking the development process of medicines and other infrastructure that would aid in the fight.
Therefore, learnings beyond the Medical Lectures would come up, which would be of tremendous impact, even after years of servitude in the field.
Even after all of such good work, there comes a share of cons or tension with the profession amidst the pandemic:
- Exhaustion and fatigue after staying within the PPE kit for a longer time.
- The very high degree of risk in getting exposed to the virus, despite the protection.
- Unavailability of proper gear in some locations.
- Disturbed work-life balance due to multiple contacts on a day.
In some cases, the matter reached towards fatality, and many of the front line warriors succumbed. But, the silver lining suggests that the noble profession will emerge victoriously and come up with learnings of a lifetime, something that can prevent another pandemic in the future.