If your clothes are not coming out of the washing machine smelling fresh, it is a cause for concern. The odour on your washed clothes is due to a dirty tub. A dirty tub defeats the purpose of the washing machine. To avoid this, you should clean the inside of your washing machine. Given below is a guide on how to go about with cleaning your washing machine.
Obtain a clean tub
- If your tub has removable parts (such as the soap tray), take them out. You can individually clean them at your kitchen sink.
- For narrow crevices, use a toothbrush to scrub out the accumulated dirt particles.
- To clean the tub, you should run the machine when it is empty. There are different ways to clean the washing machine tub.
- Washing machine tablets such as finally fresh home depot effectively remove the dirt and grime from the tub. Drop one tablet into the washing machine. Fill it with water and run the machine to drain out residues.
- White vinegar with baking soda, when poured with hot water, can also clean the tub of your washing machine.
Note: Sometimes, using materials such as bleach will harm your washing machine. Make sure you use only those materials that are safe for your machine.
You can adopt some best practices for efficient usage of your washing machine. Use a moderate quantity of a powerful detergent. Fill the machine with the right load. Unless you have clothes with harsh stains, cold water is enough to do the job. Washing with cold water makes your machine energy efficient as well.
After using the machine, leave the door open so that it dries well. Completely getting rid of the moisture is the key to a clean tub. Make sure you rise the washer at least once every month. With these practices, you can enhance the machine’s durability.